New Market Streetscape
New Market is a vibrant historic community in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. This working town’s activities and offerings reflect the diversity of the industry and culture found in this bucolic geographic region of Virginia.
LPDA led a multidisciplinary team of consultants to develop streetscape plans, gateway signage, signalization and pedestrian improvements which enhanced the business and recreational environment downtown. LPDA facilitated a community input process which resulted in full support from multiple residents and business owners. Final design and engineering plans were created that met all local and federal requirements for enhancement grant project. The construction process resulted in minimal disturbance, keeping businesses open and accessible.
The project consisted of the following:
- Acquisition review, Coordination of Certification of Right of Way with the VDOT Edinburg Residency
- Administrator and District Right-of-Way Manager.
- Design development plan for all phases, and graphic assistance for additional grant applications.
- Construction plans for all phases – including VDOT coordination and permitting
- Stakeholder and Public Participation
- Bidding Construction Administration/ Observation Services
- New Market, VA
- Town of New Market
- 5 Blocks